Sunday, December 7, 2008

I can see clearly now...

I can see, almost, clearly now that I have had lasik. Things are still a bit hazy but I can see with no contacts or glasses, absolutely AMAZING! Considering I was at the office about 45 minutes I can't believe I waited so long to get it done. The doctor and nurses were so nice and did a great job at calming me down, the Valium didn't kick in as I wish it would have. I couldn't feel anything (thank goodness) although it wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world, it didn't really hurt. My eyes don't look so good right now thanks to a few broken blood vessels but they feel fine. Sunlight is the only thing that bugs me a bit but that should go away after awhile. Although I missed singing in our church Christmas program (thanks to the lights) we made it to the Baylor Combined Choir Concert last night which is always a favorite holiday treat. I go back in tomorrow to see how everything is going. For those who are thinking about it I say "go for it" or at least go in for a consultation.

2 comments:

The Blake Family said...

Wowzers! I didn't know it only took 45 minutes to do it!! I might consider it when/if we get back to the states. Overseas...not so much!

Stephanie said...

That's great to hear! I get so nervous even thinking about getting it done, but I'm glad to hear that it went well and that you would recommend it. Keep us updated on how long it takes to see clearly, etc.