Saturday, December 20, 2008
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
We got some great Christmas cheer news today from Baylor. Steve was appointed as a Senior Lecturer. He applied a few months ago and was unanimously approved by the math department. It then moved onto the provost and president's office for final approval. He is the first in his department to apply for this so that makes it extra exciting. What a wonderful way to end the fall semester!!
In other holiday cheer news... On Sunday we celebrated my parent's 15th Christmas Open House. It was tons of fun! It is always a fun afternoon to celebrate the Christmas season.
Some have asked so here's a quick update on my eyes... all is well. I can see great now and the haziness is gone. I have been back to the doctor once already and I go back on Thursday for another check-up. I'm so, so glad that I went through the process. It was a great Christmas gift to myself :)
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Friday, December 5, 2008
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
One thing I love out our house is having a fireplance and mantel. It's so fun to hang our stockings by the fire.
The past few years we have started collecting Department 56 houses. Our most recent is a travel agency, perfect for us!
We have 2 other trees and every room has some decorations, I didn't want to bore you :) Now the goal is to watch all our Christmas movies and listen to our over 50 Christmas CDs. I'm not sure I will have time to go to work each day, haha. In other news... we only have 18 more days till we leave for Italy, yes!
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Saturday, November 22, 2008
1) I have visited 13 different countries since I graduated from high school. I am looking forward to going back to Italy in 1 month!!
2) I consider myself an early bird but don't like to talk to anyone for at least an hour. Lucky for Steve he has late classes this semester so he doesn't have to endure my silence.
3) My sophomore year at Baylor I was interrogated by the BU police. It was scary but luckily I was not involved in the incident in question.
4) The summer after my senior year in high school I had the opportunity to speak to several groups including WMU and the National Acteens Convention which included 5000 teenage girls.
5) I have some OCD tendencies and I think that all educators have some. If I ever get my PhD I would like to research the idea.
6) I did some silly things while dating Steve. A) called him "sir" when he first called, B) at our first movie he asked if I would like popcorn, I said sure. He held the popcorn out for me the entire movie and I didn't eat any! C) I made dinner one night and he brought dessert. He asked what kind of pie I liked and I said any kind. He brought a coconut creme, while I don't like. Luckily I was sick and couldn't taste it so I fooled him :)
7) I love to watch basketball. I love that it is indoors and usually goes by quickly. My least favorite is baseball, way to long. Football is okay as long as the Bears are winning.
Onto my second tag... In this one you are supposed to tell 6 unknown, quirky or random things about yourself and then tag six friends.
1. I love to sing in the car
2. I used to write everything I wore down on a chart. I had it on a clipboard in my closet (did I mention my OCD?).
3. I am picky eater even though I don't like to admit it
4. My mom has passed onto me the enjoyment of hosting friends at my house
5. I am allergic to chocolate. Doesn't really stop me from eating it but then my nose gets runny
6. Easter is my favorite holiday
I tag... anyone who wants to share!!!
Monday, November 17, 2008
I have an consultation appointment for the place in Waco that does it on Thursday and am anxious to here more about it. Till then I will be researching and trying to psych myself up for this!
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Friday, November 7, 2008
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
For our 9th month of waiting though I skipped the gift for Emily or the nursery and gave myself one. I joined the Waco Y with a friend from school. I have been needing to get myself in gear for awhile and she was an encouragement to do so. For our first day we thought we would start with something light, Beginners Turbo Kickboxing. Ummmm, let's just say I hope I can walk tomorrow! I can't imagine how the regular class is, yikes! Cari, it might take me a few years to join you in that class :)
Thursday, October 23, 2008
A new fried treat! Fried grilled cheese, it was okay, very fried.
We always enjoy the bird show.
Here is me in my new car, okay not really but it's the one I want.
This was the biggest rabbit I have ever seen. We got lucky and were at the fair the day they were judging the bunnies.
I couldn't help taking this little guy. He looks a lot like our little guy (except for the lopped ears).
We also happened upon a chocolate dessert tasting competition. They didn't ask us to judge, bummer. After the light show Jessica Simpson did a concert. We didn't stay long but did get a glimpse of Tony Romo. It seemed there were a lot of people there just to see him. It was a great trip and a fun weekend to get away.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Saturday, October 18, 2008
We returned from a wonderful fall break trip to Dallas. Steve had Friday off for BU's fall break and I decided to take a personal day (they give those to us to use right!) and we went to Dallas. We had a great time and I have decided to spread out the weekend into a couple of entries.
I am all about staying in nice hotels but I don't like to spend a whole lot of money, I know a contradiction. Anyway, my sister has gotten some great deals through Priceline and has encouraged me to try it. I have always been wary of using it for some reason. I guess I like to pick the hotel from a list but that way is more expensive I have learned. So a few weeks back I decided to search around the downtown Dallas area to see what I could find. Well, I quickly decided that I should give Priceline a try. I am so glad I did!! We ended up at the Sheraton downtown for $55! Considering the price from their website was over $200 I was very happy. Steve and I decided on Wednesday to go ahead and stay 2 nights. I went back to Priceline and ended up with the Hyatt Regency for $50, yea! I know, it's a bit silly to be so happy about the hotels but I figured we saved a little more money that can go towards Italy. We were very pleased with the Hyatt (I love all the glass) and the Sheraton was okay, not great. We had never stayed in Downtown before so it was fun to enjoy the city lights!
Friday, October 10, 2008
Monday, October 6, 2008
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Hannah is enjoying playing soccer.
The Baylor game wasn't too bad. We scored 17 pts. which I thought was pretty good.
I ended the day with a wonderful wedding. Congratulations Jay and Liza!
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Friday, August 29, 2008
Today is LID # 7. I've always thought 7 was a lucky number. In China the lucky number is 8, hence all the Olympic programing. As #7 rolls by I am continually reminded of the fun of having children. With almost 600 children at my school I get to see lots of personalities. Students are always asking if I have children of my own and my response has been "I don't have time for kids I have 600 of ya'll everyday". They usually laugh and then I tell them about adopting from China. It is fun to talk about and the students think it is pretty cool. I thought the number with Grover with it was cute. I think Grover is my favorite character from Sesame Street. I'm sure Emily and I will enjoy watching it together.