Thursday, March 19, 2009

Paris Museums

One thing about Paris is that it has a lot of museums. Museums on almost any subject including wine and the sewer system (yuck!). Due to time constraints we stuck to the art museums and went to three of the largest ones.

The Louvre is probably the most recognized museum in the world. It is HUGE! There is no way to see everything in just a few hours. We went during a night opening which was very convenient for our busy schedule. The building the houses the Louvre is beautiful and is classic French, or what I consider classic.

Steve enjoyed getting the dimensions of the pyramids

The most famous painting in the world, The Mona Lisa

A look through the glass pyramid to another part of the museum


Our next museum was the Musee d'Orsay. I hadn't been to this art museum before. I really liked it especially for the setting. It is in an old train station. They converted it in a great way and made an interesting setting.Here is a look inside the old train station / art museum


One of the famous paintings inside, Self Portrait by Van Gogh


Our last art museum we went to was the Pablo Picasso museum. We visited this one based on recommendation from our travel book. Steve and I aren't really into his art but it was interesting to see some of his works. We didn't spend too much time here that's for sure. I couldn't take pictures inside so here is one from the outside with a mirror wall. If you look really, really closley on the left side you can see me taking the pic.

1 comment:

Edison said...

I loved the Orsay b/c I love Monet! Every other art museum just overwhelms me!!! When do we get to go to dinner so I can hear all about it in person?!