Thursday, March 21, 2013

Journey: the TA wait


Love him in the Bear cap!

And I thought the previous wait was hard...

We are officially waiting on our Travel Approval (TA)!!! That's great news although this wait seems to be SO. MUCH. HARDER. I'm not sure why but the last few days have crept by and it feels like Spring Break was many moons ago.
The Article 5 (David's American Visa) was picked up from the American Consulate in Guangzhou and taken to Beijing to the Chinese Center of Children's Welfare and Adoption (CCCWA). The CCCWA will give us our Travel Approval- our agency says it can take 3-8 weeks, yes- 8 weeks!! Holy Moly, I don't think I'll be able to take an 8 week wait.
Once we get our TA it will be 3-4 before we travel. Now that spring is here I am more ready than ever to go get our little boy!! I spent a little time with a friends son who is 3 days younger than David and had a ball. He is just precious and it was very fun to interact with a little one who is the same age as David.  
Love this sign!
In other news, I got an updated picture of our little guy- I must say he is the cutest little one I've ever seen :) We worked a lot on his room during spring break including hanging curtains and pictures. I also did a little shopping for him at Carter's. I had never been into the store to shop for him and I went a little nuts :) I hope I got the right sizes for him!! It was so fun to get him some cute outfits and imagine him in them, yeah!!



2 comments:

Leanne said...

So exciting!!!! :) Anxiously awaiting the day you say you've got the TA! Praying it's more like 3 weeks, not 8!

Anonymous said...

The first time I visited your family in El Paso, you were 2 years old. You were so cute and had the most adorable smile! You and I walked down the street to where there was a swing set and you liked to swing and laugh. That was a memorable visit for me!
Soon David will be in your arms and you will be looking for fun parks to go to!
Love,
Cindy