Friday, December 27, 2013

Journey: Christmas Part 2

"The Stockings were hung by the chimney with care."
Christmas Eve has always been one of my favorite nights of the year! Spending time with my family and enjoying our traditions was something I was looking forward to sharing with David! We enjoyed a very busy few days leading up to Christmas and David really enjoyed being at home!
Christmas Eve we packed up all our goodies and headed to my parents house. One of my favorite things about Christmas Eve is that we all spend the night at my parents house. This year it was a squeeze with 11 of us spending the night. We were so happy to have Yilin with us! Yilin is a former international student from Baylor who my parents were "Welcome Family" for several years ago. Yilin is working on her phd right now at Columbia and this is the second time she has spent Christmas with us.
The Tree!
One of our traditions is a dinner of spaghetti and oyster stew. I'm not sure how this started but it's what we've done since I can remember. Maybe it's a North Carolina thing since that's where I spent every Christmas growing up. I've never tried the stew but the spaghetti is always delish! We also enjoy treats before bedtime including yummy green punch!
After dinner we take pictures (no shock there) and we open a few gifts. This year we enjoyed some music provided by Drew on guitar and Hannah on piano. David loves to sing and dance so it was perfect for him. A newer tradition is making reindeer dust with oatmeal and glitter. The night ended with story time and David was ready for bed though he was a little confused and excited about staying at Papa and GiGi's house.
It was a perfect night and David had a wonderful time!!


Yilin and David

LOVE!! David getting his first lessons on guitar from Drew.

Incredible grandparents and 4 lucky grandkids!


Our family!

The Segura/Cates/Gochis clan!
Reindeer dust

No comments: