Monday, July 28, 2008

family weekend

We have returned from a fun family weekend in the Texas panhandle. We started by visiting Steve's dad and brother in Lubbock. We enjoyed seeing their new place and catching up. We saw Dark Knight with Mike. We all liked it but didn't think it was quite as good as all the hype. I like Momma Mia much better :) Let's just say that one was more my speed.
We then headed to Amarillo to see Steve's sister and her family. It was great to see Kirby doing so well. We got to spend lots of great family time. On the way home we got some rain and could see if falling all around us, I just thought it was a cool sight.

1 comment:

Helen Ruth said...

Cindy,

My sister has a farm in the cotton fields and we always enjoy visiting her in Lubbock and viewing those neat dirt devils.

I was so glad to move to the Austin area from West Texas, but I must admit when we last visited, I really appreciated the rugged canyons of the area.

Our last trip we drove in a thunderstorm at this time last year (when the whole family met together for Pop's birthday) and it was neat seeing tornado's forming MILES away. Only in West Texas!