Tuesday, September 4, 2007

3 day weekend

Oh how I love three day weekends. It was so nice Sunday night to know that the next morning I didn't have to get up at 5:30 and go to school. Two four day weeks to begin school with is a pretty good idea. Gives the teachers and students some getting used to time.

We headed down to Round Rock on Friday night spur of the moment. I really needed some appropriate shoes for work that were comfortable. I felt like a hypocrite telling the students they couldn't wear flip-flops while I stood in my Reefs. I found that Clarks has an outlet store in the Round Rock outlet center. I was very happy to find two pairs that are nice and comfy for my school days. We met Mike, Steve's brother, for a movie. The guys went to see something scary which I was not about to see. I settled on The Nanny Diaries which was way cute. Especially for those of us who have spent time as babysitters, nannies, au pairs, and the like. Granted for me it was never in NYC but you know Waco is a lot like the Big Apple, YEA RIGHT! With seeing the movie by myself I did something I have never done before. Yes, that was the first time I had gone to a movie alone. Am I totally codependent or what!!

We spent Labor Day with my family having a good 'ole American cookout. Faye and Sarah came and got to experience grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. Doesn't get much better than that for a Monday night.

No comments: