Monday, September 10, 2007

Waiting on Fall

Fall is my favorite time of year. I love to see colors change and the weather to get a bit cooler. Special time spent with family and friends at football games, whether it is peewee football or Big XII it is exciting! Well, it is not fall yet, not even close considering how hot it has been but it is something to look forward to in the days ahead!
My weekend started off great with a pedicure and some reading time. I don't think you could ask for a better Friday afternoon. Saturday was an exciting day for us as we headed down to Austin for an adoption seminar. It was sponsored through our adoption agency, Great Wall, and it was wonderful to see and meet other couples who were in the process of adoption. There were several couples who are waiting to be matched and should be going to China this fall. Oh, how I can't wait for that to be us!! There were couples there who are like us and are only just beginning the adoption journey. As far as our paper work goes we are waiting on our homestudy to be completed. When that is finished we will be sending it to CIS (citizen and immigration for home land security) . They will process the paperwork and then we will have to send it into our agency. So now is kind of a wait time for us. I am working on our "lifestyle" pictures to send in to China. That should be fun!




We went to the Baylor football game for their first victory Saturday night. It was a fun game but HOT!! The picture isn't the best of me but I think it shows that I was a bit miserable for the first hour or so :) Also, for some reason my allergies picked up Friday night and I have been sneezing like crazy ever since. My regular meds just aren't working, yuck! This was the first home game of the season so I was very glad that the Bears won. Good for my family that A&M won as well. Next week is another home game so we will be cheering the Bears on. We have new seats which are much closer to the field. Guess it means I have to pay more attention to the actual game now!




Sunday was a great day as I was able to help give a baby shower for my friend EJ. It was so fun to see all the precious little boy stuff she got. She even got a onezie honoring the high school where her husband is a football coach, it was too cute. What a great way to spend Sunday afternoon, with good friends celebrating a new life!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute picture of us and what a sweet recap of the shower. I had the best time!
I'm glad you had it taken :) Maybe we can all tailgate do something before this weeks game?
Just a thought. Glad your adoption trip was successful too.
Have faith--praying for ya'll! ejw

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you're keeping us updated on the adoption process. I'm amazed at all the paper work that it seems to involve, but it will be so worth it in the end. It looks like you had fun at the game. I'm looking forward to actually being around to take my boys to one of the home games in October. Maybe we'll get to see you.