Sunday, February 15, 2009

Vday weekend

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day weekend. It was a good one for us. We enjoyed the boys bball games on Friday night to start the weekend. Saturday was a relaxing day. Steve and I have enjoyed our tradition of cooking dinner ourselves instead of going out and fighting the crowds. It is the one night a year we use our "fine" china and crystal. We only have the 2 place settings at our house, the others are still at my parent's. This year's chocolate covered strawberries turned out much better than last year (and much cheaper than HEBs). Today I woke up with allergies that kept us home from church. My eyes now seem to be a bit swollen which just figures. We did make it to a movie though, Confessions of a Shopaholic which was funny but makes me glad I don't have a shopping fetish. One more nice thing is that I get to sleep late tomorrow due to a professional development meeting, oh fun!

2 comments:

The Blake Family said...

I love using our china...sometimes we use it on a random dinner...no special reason other than "just because!" We have three sets of fine china, so I suppose if we don't use it "randomly" it all would never get used! I have a love for dishes (that I really need to "kick" because all the dishes are heavy to move!!) Glad you had a good Valentine's Day.

Stephanie said...

The strawberries look delicious! Don't you just love getting to use your china? We pull ours out at Thanksgiving.