Sunday, October 7, 2007

A "Fair" weekend



Corny title I know... Steve, me, and my great friend Karen spent Friday afternoon at the State Fair of Texas in Dallas. What a fun day!! It was very hot which made for a tiring afternoon but we still managed to see a lot and enjoy our share of fried food. I am always amazed at what they can come up with to fry. The new thing this year was fried cookie dough, last year was fried coke. We didn't try it so I can't say how it was. Kinda makes me feel nauseous even thinking about it.








Friday night was our last show of the Dallas Summer Musicals season. We ended on a high note with Disney's Lion King. I was lucky enough to see the show in New York with my great friend Keith and thoroughly enjoyed it the 2nd time. I am amazed at the creativeness that some people possess. To come up with costumes, music, choreography, and so much that goes into putting on a show. We are looking forward to the 2008 season already.








We enjoyed some football this weekend but not the college kind (I heard the BU game was not pretty, guess it's okay we missed it). We enjoyed watching my nephew, Jacob, play flag football. It is fun to see the kids and their excitement of the game. Another great thing about having my sister back in Waco is the chance to see the kids playing their sports. Hannah hasn't had a dance recital yet but we will be there when she does. It is great preparation for when our daughter is in sports and such.




I wrapped the weekend up by singing in our church choir. We did a program for morning worship. I have really enjoyed being back in choir this year and have some good friends to sing along with. I also had the awesome opportunity to meet the newest member of the William's family, Walker. He is the precious new son to our friends Forrest and EJ. It was wonderful to hold him and celebrate with mom and dad.

No comments: