Thursday, December 27, 2007

Traditions

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and that you were able to spend time with family and friends celebrating Christ's birth. We had a great time with my family here in Waco. I thought I would let you in on a few traditions we have for the big celebration.
*Christmas Eve dinner consist of spaghetti and oyster stew. Not sure when this started but it is the same we had at Grandma's in North Carolina. Steve loves the stew which is good since I don't get near it :)

*Reindeer Dust is sprinkled outside on the lawn by the kids.

*Green punch and goodies are served after some presents are opened. This is another tradition continued from NC. I look forward to green punch all year. My mom makes the best Christmas goodies in the world, my favs are the chocolate balls! While we enjoy the goodies we talk about memories of Christmas past.

*On Christmas morning the kids open Santa's gifts and then we eat breakfast before the other presents are opened. I think that works since we are a little more awake to appreciate gifts from one another.

*The rest of the day is spent playing with toys and games (and a nap if it can be fit it :). It is so fun to have the kids to watch and play with. They do get some great toys!!
One thing I love about traditions is the thought of passing them onto Cheryl's kids and mine is exciting. I also like to think about starting new traditions that we will remember for years to come.

No comments: